Healing Touch Is A New Special Kind of Therapy
Janet Mentgen, the creator of Healing Touch hoped it would be practiced in every home. Through classes you can learn Healing Touch to practice with family and friends or professionally. I am a certified instructor of Healing Touch Program and can help you bring this wonderful work to your home and life.
In Healing Touch therapy, practitioners use their hands to help restore balance and harmony through working with the human energy field or life force.
Healing Touch affects the patterns of how the life force sits in the body.
Through heart centered intention and skill the practitioner uses their hands to allow reestablishment of the natural energy flow. Healing Touch practitioners do not force or push energy but allow balance and harmony to “reboot” the energy system.
Healing Touch is done without the use of invasive procedures and offers a holistic way of healing that is gentle on the body.
Research has shown that Healing Touch facilitates the relaxation response and enhances the healing process.
Healing Touch restores balance and harmony to our natural biofield without the use of pharmaceuticals.
Healing Touch does not require the use of equipment or substances and can be done in any setting.
Benefits of Healing Touch
Scientific studies and medical research have shown many benefits of Healing Touch. Thousands of people from across the country have received healing touch in many different settings (hospitals, nursing homes, private practices and more).
Healing touch continues to grow because of the results people receive – including:
- Pain relief or decrease in pain level
- Acceleration of Post-operative recovery
- Symptom relief during or after chemotherapy
- Development or deepening of a spiritual connection
- Decreased agitation in those with dementia [calming of those with dementia]
- Decrease depression
- Decrease anxiety
- Improved quality of life
- Assistance with the dying process (relaxation, peace, acceptance)
- Improved mood
- Decreased stress
- Improved mobility after surgery
- Decreased use of pain medications post-operatively
- Decreased negative effects of trauma/chronic pain/ and post traumatic stress
- Improved symptoms in auto-immune disorders
- Support for withdrawal from substance abuse
- Immune system strengthening and support
Healing Touch Research
Healing Touch Research has been conducted in a wide variety of settings and with a number of different problems and situations including:
- Cardio-vascular disease
- Death and dying
- Endocrine/Immune function
- Patient satisfaction and experience
- Post operative recovery
These studies demonstrate that there is support in favor of considering Healing Touch for providing integrative care and that patients assess it highly. Healing Touch research has been supported and/or funded by hospitals, universities, colleges, professional organizations, private foundations, and the National Institutes of Health, Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.